Extension offers information and resources to help prepare for and recover from the effects of extreme weather, including damage to homes, buildings, crops and lawns, as well as tools for financial recovery.
Winter storms and extreme cold
Heat and drought
- Current issues
- Harvesting drought-stressed corn for silage
- Forage supplies are tight: Preserve what you have!
- Alfalfa during drought
- Heat stress on small grains
- Postemergence herbicide applications in hot, droughty conditions
- Reducing fire risk on the farm
- With dry conditions, here’s how irrigators can use water more efficiently
- Strategic Farming: Field Notes
Fruit and vegetable farming
- The Moos Room podcast for beef and dairy covers early weaning for beef calves and other drought-related topics.
- Livestock disaster assistance
Yard and garden
Water wisely: start in your own backyard includes information on watering lawns, trees, shrubs, vegetable gardens.
Reviewed in 2021