Welcome to Sherburne County
Sherburne County partners with Extension to deliver practical education and research you can use at home, at work and in your community.
Follow us on social media @Sherburne4H
Check out what is happening in Sherburne County 4-H
Give to Sherburne County 4-H
Gifts support 4-H youth development in Sherburne County, and local programming coordinated by the Sherburne County 4-H Council.
There are several ways to join or re-enroll in 4-H.
- Join 4-H for the first time or re-enroll
- Enroll as an independent member
- 2020-2021 Enrollment Form
- Contact the Sherburne County Extension Office at 763-765-3075 or email@example.com
- Stop by our office at the Sherburne County Government Center, 13880 Business Center Drive NW, Elk River, MN 55330
Volunteer with Sherburne County 4-H
4-H Youth Development is a hands-on learning program for Minnesota youth. We offer online, small group and independent learning experiences for youth of all ages. In 4-H, youth choose the topic they find interesting and caring adults support their learning and leadership. From agronomy to space exploration and creative arts to outdoor adventures, 4-H has just the right learning experience for young people.
There are many ways to participate in 4-H!
This section will contain all important Sherburne County 4-H updates for the county fair.
The 2021 Sherburne County Fair is scheduled for July 15-18 at the Sherburne County Fairgrounds in Elk River.
Due to Covid-19, we are unsure what fair or showcase opportunities will look like in 2021, but Sherburne County 4-H is dedicated to providing opportunities for our youth to showcase their project learning! Continue to check back for updates.
- May 17: Registration opens and 2021 premium book is released
- June 14: Registration deadline
- July 14: Sherburne County 4-H entry day (tentative)
- July 15-18: Sherburne County Fair
Find the latest on Extension agricultural research and news you can use on your farm from local experts.
Statewide news and blogs
- Agricultural Business Management News - Business and financial resources for farmers.
- Beef News - Beef industry featured events, farm safety and animal health.
- Dairy News - Dairy industry featured events, farm safety and animal health.
- Fruit and Vegetable News - Local production and marketing of fruit and vegetable crops in Minnesota.
- Minnesota Crop News - Emerging issues affecting Minnesota row crops and forages.
- Yard and Garden News - Gardening tips and emerging issues affecting Minnesota.
- My Minnesota Woods - Find out how to take care of your trees and enjoy Minnesota's beautiful woodlands.
- Natural Resources News - From preserving our wetlands to combating invasive species, read about protecting and enjoying nature.
Health and nutrition
Extension offers a variety of educational programs about nutrition and health in Sherburne County. These programs are open to families and individuals of all ages who are eligible for benefits through the federal Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or who meet Extension’s program income guidelines.
Programs are offered in community settings such as food shelves, schools, community centers and public housing sites. The programs are free to all individuals and families who meet income guidelines, and may be offered in multiple languages, depending on the audience needs and availability of educators.
Sherburne County Extension
Extension brings Minnesotans together to build a better future through University science-based knowledge, expertise and training. Learn more about Extension by visiting our about page and by browsing this website.