Welcome to Sherburne County
Sherburne County partners with Extension to deliver practical education and research you can use at home, at work and in your community.
- Join 4-H for the first time or re-enroll
- Enroll as an independent member
- 2022-2023 Enrollment Form
- Contact the Sherburne County Extension Office at 763-765-3075 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stop by our office at the Sherburne County Government Center, 13880 Business Center Drive NW, Elk River, MN 55330
4-H Youth Development is a hands-on learning program for Minnesota youth. We offer online, small group and independent learning experiences for youth of all ages. In 4-H, youth choose the topic they find interesting and caring adults support their learning and leadership. From agronomy to space exploration and creative arts to outdoor adventures, 4-H has just the right learning experience for young people.
There are many ways to participate in 4-H!
Stay informed about all that is happening in Sherburne County 4-H.
4-H Weekly Bulletin
Learn more about what is happening in Minnesota 4-H.
The 2023 Sherburne County Fair is scheduled for July 20-23, 2023 at the Sherburne County Fairgrounds in Elk River. More information to come!
Important Dates 2022
- February 15: Animal ID Deadline for market beef. (beef steers, market heifers, and dairy steers)
- May 16: Animal ID deadline
- May 31: Registration opens and 2022 premium book is released (tentative)
- June 14: Registration deadline
- June 23: Sherburne Showcase, Oliver Kelley Farm, Elk River
- June 27 & 28: Dog Show, Canine Cabin
- July 12: Sherburne County 4-H project judging day for static/general exhibits (tentative)
- July 13: Sherburne County 4-H project judging day for Livestock exhibits (tentative)
- July 14-17: Sherburne County Fair
4-H registration for the Sherburne County Fair will open on Tuesday, May 18. The deadline to register your 4-H projects for 2022 is June 14. Registration will take place through FairEntry.
First time showing at the county fair? Check out these resources to help you register.
4-H at county fairs, helpful information to help you prepare.
Find the latest on Extension agricultural research and news you can use on your farm from local experts.
Statewide news and blogs
- Agricultural Business Management News - Business and financial resources for farmers.
- Beef News - Beef industry featured events, farm safety and animal health.
- Dairy News - Dairy industry featured events, farm safety and animal health.
- Fruit and Vegetable News - Local production and marketing of fruit and vegetable crops in Minnesota.
- Minnesota Crop News - Emerging issues affecting Minnesota row crops and forages.
Find the latest gardening tips and news you can use in your own backyard from local experts.
Sherburne County Master Gardener Community Newsletter - Dishing the Dirt
- July 2021
- August 2021
- September 2021
- October 2021
- November 2021 - No Newsletter
- December 2021 - No Newsletter
- January 2022
- February 2022
- March 2022
- April 2022
- May 2022
- June 2022
- July 2022
- August 2022
- September 2022
- October 2022
Gardening tips and emerging issues affecting Minnesota.
Sherburne County Master Gardener Horticulture Hotline
email@example.com or 763-765-3080
Quincy Sadowski, Extension Educator, Horticulture - Stearns, Benton, Morrison, and Sherburne counties
firstname.lastname@example.org or 320-255-6169 ext. 1
Anthony Adams, Extension Educator, Small Farms and Local Foods - Stearns, Benton, Morrison, and Sherburne counties
email@example.com or 320-632-0164
Health and nutrition
Extension offers a variety of educational programs about nutrition and health in Sherburne County. These programs are open to families and individuals of all ages who are eligible for benefits through the federal Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or who meet Extension’s program income guidelines.
Programs are offered in community settings such as food shelves, schools, community centers and public housing sites. The programs are free to all individuals and families who meet income guidelines, and may be offered in multiple languages, depending on the audience needs and availability of educators.
Extension's Center for Community Vitality engages Minnesotans to strengthen the social, civic, economic and technological capacity of their communities. We help create vibrant communities and enhance skills and knowledge in economics, leadership and civic engagement, and tourism.
Check our community research page for reports on county and community-focused topics relating to local economics, retaining businesses, growing retail markets, developing tourism, and more.
Local programs can be offered in collaboration with local community organizations and government agencies. Current programs include:
Contact an educator in your area for consultation, guidance and conversation about your community.
Minnesota is a great place to explore, understand and conserve the natural landscape. Extension education, volunteer and community science programs encourage people to become stewards of Minnesota’s public and private lands.
Extension's Regional Sustainable Development Partnerships (RSDP) connect Greater Minnesota communities and University of Minnesota knowledge and resources to support local sustainability projects.
Working in partnership, RSDP supports community-driven projects in four focus areas: agriculture and food systems, clean energy, natural resources, and resilient communities. Projects are supported by boards made up of local community members and University faculty and staff.
Learn more about RSDP’s recent work and how to submit a project idea.
Join us at an event in your community.
Find opportunities to learn about the natural environment, how to care for your forest lands, and how you and your family can get out and explore nature around the state and in your own backyard.
Find information on community-focused news.
Find out how to take care of your trees and enjoy Minnesota's beautiful woodlands.
From preserving our wetlands to combating invasive species, read about protecting and enjoying nature.
Learn more about community-driven sustainability projects happening across Minnesota.
Sherburne County Extension
Extension brings Minnesotans together to build a better future through University science-based knowledge, expertise and training. Learn more about Extension by visiting our about page and by browsing this website.