Ways to volunteer
There are many ways adults (anyone age 18+) can support youth learning and leading in 4-H. Whether you are ready to join us for one day or one year, we appreciate and welcome your skill and knowledge. For some volunteer roles, you will need to complete a background check.
- Helping out at a one-time 4-H event, such as a day camp, fundraising effort or service project
- Leading the youngest 4-H'ers — Cloverbuds in grades K-2
- Chaperoning a local or out-of-state trip
- Teaching a topic you know a lot about — once or regularly
- Leading a 4-H club or project
- And more - explore our 4-H Volunteer Resource Center for other volunteer roles
Ready to become a screened and approved volunteer? Learn more and apply.
Benefits of volunteering
4-H provides a unique volunteering experience. As the largest youth organization in Minnesota with methods backed by university research, 4-H offers the opportunity for youth to learn how to solve problems, make decisions and communicate ideas. Learn more about 4-H.
Volunteering with 4-H benefits the young people, the community, and you, the volunteer.
Make a difference
Feel pride in making a big impact in the lives of young people and adults in your community.
Training and support
You will receive ongoing training and support as you grow your network in your community and the University of Minnesota.
Learn more about 4-H
4-H provides learning and leading opportunities for Minnesota youth. The sky’s the limit!