Driven by what’s important to Minnesota tourism
Minnesota’s $15 billion tourism industry relies on research and education from the University of Minnesota Tourism Center. Our research and education stays relevant because we stay in touch with the industry and communities.
When visitors come to Minnesota, they expect excellent customer service, successful festivals and events, and great experiences. More than 100,000 participants have benefited from our three core program areas:
- Community tourism development
- Creating positive customer service expereiences
- Festival and event management
Our research-based educational programs can help your community create and sustain local tourism experiences.
Our research examines current issues and emerging trends that affect the tourism industry.
- Visitor profiles give communities and local businesses information about their visitors.
- Tourism policy and sustainable tourism
- Other research projects cover topics such as workforce issues, biking and what draws visitors to Minnesota. Explore our research reports to learn more.
Our partnerships extend our work to all 87 counties in Minnesota and beyond. Our affiliates bring additional expertise in areas that impact the tourism industry.
Our 22-member advisory committee represents the breadth of the tourism industry across the state. They keep us in tune with emerging trends or concerns.
We have been strengthening Minnesota tourism for more than 30 years
Consult with us
Community economics • Leadership and civic engagement • Tourism
Extension educators work in communities with partners throughout Minnesota. Contact us for consultation, guidance and conversation about your community.