Creating positive customer experiences
Today's customers are have high expectations, are aware of their choices and are increasingly diverse. They come from not only Minnesota, but also from across the United States and even the world. These visitors expect to be served well by businesses and communities who understand their needs.
That’s why we developed At Your Service to build the skills and knowledge needed to create positive experiences. This program will:
- Provide outstanding customer service to both visitors and locals
- Build the skills and knowledge of frontline staff
- Provide practical ideas and exercises to put to work immediately
At Your Service can help whether you are a business or a community organization. With a proven track record of over 20 years, we know it works.
"After the training program was offered to employees in our community, I observed them doing a better job of customer service and they were also more aware of the customer and the customer's needs. I think that this speaks to the effectiveness of the At Your Service program."
- Mary Turner, Women's Business Center
- Great customer service helps ensure repeat visits and positive word-of-mouth. That’s good business!
- Great customer service can be a competitive advantage.
- Customers move throughout communities--so every business, and every personal encounter can make a difference.
Key learnings for participants
Your workshop participants will:
- Understand how culture--theirs and the guest’s--affects the service experience
- Learn how to manage their own attitude
- Develop skills to identify and respond to customer needs
- Gain strategies to create positive customer experiences
- Create a personal action plan to put new skills to work
The program is offered two ways:
At Your Service is a complete, ready-to-use curriculum that enables you to deliver half-day customer service training workshops in your community or organization. We provide the materials--you deliver the workshop!
The curriculum includes:
- A full script for instructors (sample of instructor pages)
- A guide for program planning and training tips (sample of participant pages)
- Masters to print a 24-page participant workbook
- A full-color slide presentation (sample of slides)
- A workshop evaluation
How to buy
- Price: $459
- Cost effective: Purchase once and use the curriculum again and again!
- We help you use it: A train-the-trainer seminar is offered each spring on the St. Paul Campus of the University of Minnesota. Attending this session gives you techniques to effectively deliver the workshop. Register for the March 8, 2019 workshop.
Do you need customer service training in your community but don’t want to do the training yourself? University of Minnesota Extension educators deliver our At Your Service workshop in communities across the state. An educator will come to your community and deliver one, four-hour workshop to up to 40 participants for $900.
How to get started
If you'd like to learn more about how Extension can provide this training for your community, contact Cynthia Messer, Director of the University of Minnesota Tourism Center. Or, find an educator near you.
Delivering great customer service
Watch videos from customer service professionals providing tips on listening, attitude and community.
Customer service and community
Customer service and attitude
Customer service and listening