How well do you know visitors to your community?
Business success relies on a good sense of customers’ needs. Destinations large and small need to know what their visitors want or need. There's no better way to objectively understand what visitors want than to ask them. Visitor profile research helps you:
- Understand what your visitors want, need and expect
- Know where your visitors go to learn more as they consider travel plans
- Craft a marketing message and get that message in front of visitors
The more you know about your customer, the better you can meet their needs and make the sale!
Understand your visitors
A visitor profile survey provides current data that informs marketing and business decisions. A single season approach looking at the peak summer travel period can benefit communities with limited resources or fewer visitors in non-summer travel times. Communities with the resources and more varied market potential can get more with a year-round project. A four-season study allows for comparative analyses, pointing to traveler or seasonal differences. Examples include:
- How does personal spending differ among age groups (millennials, baby boomers, etc.) across the four seasons?
- Do different age groups spend same amount of time in the community (measured by number of nights) across the seasons?
Surveys are used to collect information by intercepting travelers in the many locations (e.g., lodging properties, restaurants, attractions, retail shops, gas stations and outdoor recreation spots, etc.) they may visit while in a destination. You can customize survey questions to fulfill your needs. Survey questions can include:
- Where are they coming from?
- How long do they stay? How many nights?
- Where do they go to get travel information?
- What do they like to do when they come?
- What are their travel party characteristics (single, family, composition, age, income)?
- How much do they spend while they are here?
Research on visitors
Read sample reports from communities that have completed a visitor profile:
Ready to get started?
To learn more about how a visitor profile can help your community, contact Xinyi Qian.