Getting ready for and taking part in the Minnesota 4-H State Horse Show gives 4-H'ers life skills. It's always a great experience for them and their families.
At this show, you will see 4-H'ers of all ages showing their riding skills in Western and English styles, their knowledge of horses and teamwork. This event is free to the public!
For participants and volunteers
- Electrical camping list
- Overflow camping list
- Sept. 8 webinar recording and PowerPoint presentation
- 4-H State Horse Show program
- 4-H State Horse Show project information
- Show schedule for participants
- 2021 State Horse Show Premium Handbook
4-H'ers with physical or mental challenges can participate in state horse show through this program. Ask your local Extension staff about signing up.
- State Miniature Horse Show
- Horse Interview winners
- Grand Champion winners
- Showmanship at halter
- English performance
- Western performance
- Challenged Riders
- Drill Team
- Horse Judging
- Horse Events (Speech, Demonstration, Horseless, Horse Related)
- Western Heritage
4-H State Horse Show exhibitors are strongly encouraged to go through the horse interview process.
The online test is the only component to the interview test process. 4-H’ers should complete the test prior to attending the State 4-H Horse Show. This can be done on any device with internet access. If you don’t have internet access, contact your local staff for assistance.
Exhibitors will have 60 minutes to complete the test and it must be completed no later than 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 15. If an exhibitor takes the test more than once, only the first score will count.
Interview winners will be announced at the State 4-H Horse Show. If there is a tie, there are specific tie-breaking questions.
Winners in each of the two age divisions will receive an embroidered sweatshirt.
Online interview test
All 4-H exhibitors should select the grade completed in 2021.
- Mark Storm, chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Randy Dokken, chair, email@example.com
- Amy DeGroot, show secretary, firstname.lastname@example.org