Welcome to Anoka County
Anoka County partners with Extension to deliver practical education and research you can use at home, at work and in your community.
There are several ways to join or re-enroll in 4-H.
Anoka County 4-H Summer Showcase Announcements
At this time we are unsure if the Anoka County Fairboard will be hosting a traditional county fair. If held, the Anoka County Fair would run from Tuesday, July 20 - Sunday, July 25. This communication announces the information and dates that are currently set. These dates will not change, even if a traditional in-person county fair is held.
General Static Exhibit Judging Event- Saturday July 10
Included in this judging day: Judging for all STATIC exhibits, Performing Arts (groups of three or less performers), & Small Pet and Cat. Club projects accepted: Banner, Community Pride, Scrapbook.
This event will be held at the Anoka County fairgrounds from 10 am - 4 pm. There will be a virtual judging option available for those who choose not to be in-person. This one day judging event will replace the exhibit judging days that typically occur Monday and Tuesday of fair week.
Registration for all showcase events including the General Static Exhibit Judging Event will be available late May. Your project registration must be completed by Wednesday, June 23.
Other important dates if there is an in-person fair:
- Monday, July 19– Static exhibit drop off, if project taken home after July 10
- Sunday, July 25 or Monday, July 26 (preferred)– Exhibit pick up
Horse Project Events
- Saturday, July 17 for Training Project
- Thursday & Friday, July 22 and 23 for 6-13th graders
- Saturday & Sunday, July 24-25 for Kindergarten-5th graders and Horseless Horse
Other Animal Shows
- Monday, July 19- Beef, Sheep, Swine, Dairy, Dairy Goat, Meat Goat Shows–Indoor Arena or Red Barn, 10 am start
- Monday, July 19- Rabbit Show– Indoor Ring, Noon
- Tuesday, July 20– Poultry Show- time tbd
- Wednesday, July 21– Dog Agility, Outdoor Arena, 9 am
- Lama Show- tbd
More information on Fashion Revue, Food Revue and Public Presentation day coming soon!
Walk or run to support this fundraiser for Anoka County 4-H! Funds will support healthy living programs, community service projects and scholarships for youth. We are thrilled to celebrate our 10-year anniversary this spring and you’re invited to participate in the way you feel most comfortable. You may run a route of your choosing, come to Bunker Hills Regional Park and run our marked route, or run an identified route at another Anoka County Park. This is a “fun run” and will not be timed.
On Saturday, April 24, our traditional 5K route will be marked at Bunker Hills Activities Center from 9 am to noon for you to run or walk in your own time. We will also provide maps for you to run the same distance at another Anoka County Park at a time that is convenient for you.
If you are unable to participate but still want to support this Anoka County 4-H fundraiser, donations can be made online to the Anoka County 4-H Program Fund. Please select "Add Special Instructions" and write "4-H Clover Dash" before submitting.
4-H Youth Development is a hands-on learning program for Minnesota youth. We offer online, small group and independent learning experiences for youth of all ages. In 4-H, youth choose the topic they find interesting and caring adults support their learning and leadership. From agronomy to space exploration and creative arts to outdoor adventures, 4-H has just the right learning experience for young people.
There are many ways to participate in 4-H!
Find the latest gardening tips and news you can use in your own back yard from local experts.
- Yard and Garden News - Gardening tips and emerging issues affecting Minnesota.
- My Minnesota Woods - Find out how to take care of your trees and enjoy Minnesota's beautiful woodlands.
- Natural Resources News - From preserving our wetlands to combating invasive species, read about protecting and enjoying nature.
Anoka County Extension
Kim Ferguson, Administrative services assistant
firstname.lastname@example.org or 763-324-3499
Anna Gilbertson, Extension educator, 4-H Youth Development
email@example.com or 763-324-3497
Lia Spaniolo, Master Gardener program coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org or 763-324-3498
Mamadou Toure, 4-H program associate
email@example.com or 763-324-3494
Layne Vermeulen, Extension educator, 4-H Youth Development
firstname.lastname@example.org or 763-324-3493
Extension brings Minnesotans together to build a better future through University science-based knowledge, expertise and training. Learn more about Extension by visiting our about page and by browsing this website.
Find the latest on Extension agricultural research and news you can use on your farm from local experts.
Statewide news and blogs
- Agricultural Business Management News - Business and financial resources for farmers.
- Beef News - Beef industry featured events, farm safety and animal health.
- Dairy News - Dairy industry featured events, farm safety and animal health.
- Fruit and Vegetable News - Local production and marketing of fruit and vegetable crops in Minnesota.
- Minnesota Crop News - Emerging issues affecting Minnesota row crops and forages.
Health and nutrition
Extension offers a variety of educational programs about nutrition and health in Anoka County. These programs are open to families and individuals of all ages who are eligible for benefits through the federal Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or who meet Extension’s program income guidelines.
Programs are offered in community settings such as food shelves, schools, community centers and public housing sites. The programs are free to all individuals and families who meet income guidelines, and may be offered in multiple languages, depending on the audience needs and availability of educators.