In 2023, the traditional 4-H Shooting Sports and Wildlife Invitational (State Shoot) is planned to be held Sept. 8-10 at the Alexandria Shooting Park. Young people from across Minnesota will have the opportunity to compete in events including archery, muzzleloader, shotgun, air rifle, .22 rifle and air pistol. Skillathon, wildlife calling and conservation projects will also be available. Updated information on the 2023 event will be posted on this webpage in May.
To get involved with 4-H shooting sports and wildlife, contact your local 4-H staff.
4-H youth in grades 3-13 who completed the required member certification hours under the guidance of a certified instructor may participate. In 2023, eight hours of wildlife education are required to participate. Counties with participants must have certified instructors in 4-H shooting sports and wildlife methodology and safety or work with a county that has certified instructors.
- Cloverbuds may not participate in the invitational.
- Youth who have completed third grade may participate in BB gun, skillathon, wildlife calling and cast iron cooking.
- Youth who have completed fourth grade may participate in other designated events.
- Registration forms and information are available at your Extension office or SS&W County Coordinator.
- Camping registration information - Alexandria Shooting Park
- Team registration information
- Team registration form - due by Aug. 11
Shooting sports and wildlife state invitational rules
Air rifle and pistol
Silhouette .177 caliber fun shoot
Wildlife contests (individual and county)
- Conservation projects
- Wildlife calling
Use the following instructions to complete your scores for the different disciplines. You are responsible for knowing how to score your target and how to complete the scorecards for each event accurately.
- Participants by county and event
- Teams by county
- Individual schedules by county
- Wristband information
- National 4-H Shooting Sports Championships opportunity