In 2021, the traditional 4-H Shooting Sports and Wildlife Invitational (State Shoot) is planned to be held Sept. 10-12 at the Alexandria Shooting Park. Young people from across Minnesota will have the opportunity to compete in events including archery, muzzle loader, shotgun, air rifle, .22 rifle and air pistol. Skillathon, wildlife calling, and conservation projects will also be available. Updated information will be posted on this web page late May to early June.
Registrations forms will be available from your local 4-H Extension office after June 1.
To get involved with 4-H shooting sports and wildlife, contact your local 4-H staff.
4-H youth in grades 3-13 who completed the required member certification hours under the guidance of a certified instructor may participate. In 2021, eight hours of wildlife education are required to participate. Counties with participants must have certified instructors in 4-H shooting sports and wildlife methodology and safety or work with a county that has certified instructors.
- Cloverbuds may not participate in the invitational.
- Youth who have completed third grade may participate in BB gun.
- Youth who have completed fourth grade may participate in other designated events.
- Registration forms and information are available at your local county Extension office.
- Team form
- In-person and virtual wildlife project registration information
- Camping registration information - Alexandria Shooting Park