Avian influenza is harmful to poultry flocks especially if it’s highly pathogenic. Always report any signs of disease to your state agency or veterinarian. Preventing disease is the best way to keep your flock healthy.
- BEET serves to educate and train people on how they can enhance poultry barn biosecurity.
- Using the trailer, people can assess and practice their biosecurity plans for entry into poultry barns.
- Biosecurity in your loft helps prevent disease in your loft.
- Biosecurity is a set of steps you must take to prevent or reduce disease in your loft.
Define system boundaries around barns and farmsteads and lines of separations to separate clean from dirty areas.
Be aware of every flow that crosses system boundaries and lines of separations.
- Learn about common biosecurity breaks.
- How to avoid biosecurity errors.
- It is a best practice to have, maintain and use a site-specific, operational biosecurity plan, no matter the annual production size.
- A site-specific biosecurity plan allows you to best fit your individual farm needs.