- BEET serves to educate and train people on how they can enhance poultry barn biosecurity.
- Using the trailer, people can assess and practice their biosecurity plans for entry into poultry barns.
- Biosecurity in your loft helps prevent disease in your loft.
- Biosecurity is a set of steps you must take to prevent or reduce disease in your loft.
Define system boundaries around barns and farmsteads and lines of separation to separate clean from dirty areas.
Be aware of every flow that crosses system boundaries and lines of separation.
- Learn about common biosecurity breaks.
- How to avoid biosecurity errors.
- Basics for organic and pastured poultry flocks
- Basics for urban and backyard flocks
- It is a best practice to have, maintain and use a site-specific, operational biosecurity plan, no matter the annual production size.
- A site-specific biosecurity plan allows you to best fit your individual farm needs.
Planning for emergencies
- These forms will automatically download to your device. You will need a current version of Adobe Reader DC to fill out and save the form.
- Download the appropriate PDF to outline essential livestock care if you or your managers experience illness, injury, or another emergency when you may need outside people to provide care.
- Contingency plans cover essential care only. They are not comprehensive care plans.