Welcome to Pine County
Pine County partners with Extension to deliver practical education and research you can use at home, at work and in your community.
4-H Youth Development is a hands-on learning program for Minnesota youth. We offer online, small group and independent learning experiences for youth of all ages. In 4-H, youth choose the topic they find interesting and caring adults support their learning and leadership. From agronomy to space exploration and creative arts to outdoor adventures, 4-H has just the right learning experience for young people.
There are many ways to participate in 4-H!
Pine County agriculture includes both crop and livestock production. The county is home to many fruit and vegetable growers and small farms.
Find the latest on Extension agricultural research and news you can use on your farm from local experts.
Statewide news and blogs
- Agricultural Business Management News - Business and financial resources for farmers.
- Beef News - Beef industry featured events, farm safety and animal health.
- Dairy News - Dairy industry featured events, farm safety and animal health.
- Fruit and Vegetable News - Local production and marketing of fruit and vegetable crops in Minnesota.
- Minnesota Crop News - Emerging issues affecting Minnesota row crops and forages.
Find the latest gardening tips and news you can use in your own back yard from local experts.
- Yard and Garden News - Gardening tips and emerging issues affecting Minnesota.
- My Minnesota Woods - Find out how to take care of your trees and enjoy Minnesota's beautiful woodlands.
- Natural Resources News - From preserving our wetlands to combating invasive species, read about protecting and enjoying nature.
Health and nutrition
Extension offers a variety of educational programs about nutrition and health that are open to families and individuals of all ages who are eligible for benefits through the federal Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or who meet Extension’s program income guidelines.
Programs are offered in community settings such as food shelves, schools, community centers and public housing sites. The programs are free to all individuals and families who meet income guidelines, and may be offered in multiple languages, depending on the audience needs and availability of educators.
Briana Matrious, Tribal Community Facilitator
email@example.com or 320-591-1625
Pine County Extension
U of M Extension, Pine County
635 Northridge Drive NW, Suite 280
Pine City, MN 55063
Toll Free: 800-657-3813
8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. (by appointment only)
- January 1, 2021 - New Year's Day
- Monday, January 18, 2021 - Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Monday, February 15, 2021 - Presidents' Day
- Monday, May 31, 2021 - Memorial Day
- Monday, July 5, 2021 - Independence Day (observed)
- Monday, September 6, 2021 - Labor Day
- Thursday, November 11, 2021 - Veterans Day
- Thursday-Friday, November 25-26, 2021 - Thanksgiving holiday
- Thursday-Friday, December 23-24, 2021 - Christmas holiday
Rodney Greder, Extension educator, Ag Production, Horticulture & Natural Resources
firstname.lastname@example.org or 320-591-1662
Hannah Halldorson, Extension educator, 4-H Youth Development
email@example.com or 320-591-1654
Jimmie Johnson, Extension educator, Health & Nutrition
firstname.lastname@example.org or 320-591-1658
Brian Matrious, Tribal Community Facilitator
email@example.com or 320-591-1625
Roxanne Orvis, Administrative Assistant
firstname.lastname@example.org or 320-591-1651
Terry Salmela, Master Gardener Program Coordinator, Pine County
email@example.com or 320-591-1653
Extension brings Minnesotans together to build a better future through University science-based knowledge, expertise and training. Learn more about Extension by visiting our about page and by browsing this website.