Welcome to Faribault County
Faribault County partners with Extension to deliver practical education and research you can use at home, at work and in your community.
Like the Faribault county Facebook page to stay up to date!
In 4-H, all youth are welcome!
4-H is an out-of-school, hands-on learning program for youth in grades Kindergarten through one year past high school. Youth choose a project that’s interesting to them and explore it with peers and caring adults. 4-H clubs are groups of youth who want to learn together and meet in every part of Minnesota.What can I do in 4-H?
The sky’s the limit! 4-H offers learning experiences in science, photography, arts, agriculture, healthy living, civic engagement and much more. We have one-day events, year-long projects and everything in between. There are many ways to try 4-H.
Mission of 4-H
The mission of the 4-H Youth Development program is to engage youth, in partnership with adults, in quality learning opportunities that enable them to shape and reach their full potential as active citizens in a global community.
The 4 H’s
- The Head is to signify clearer thinking.
- The Heart is to signify greater loyalty.
- The Hands are to signify larger service.
- The Health is to signify better living.
“I pledge my Head to clearer thinking, my Heart to greater loyalty, my Hands to larger service, and my Health to better living, for my family, my club, my community, my country, and my world.”
“To make the best better.”
4-H in Minnesota
4-H Youth Development is a hands-on learning program for Minnesota youth. We offer online, small group and independent learning experiences for youth of all ages. In 4-H, youth choose the topic they find interesting and caring adults support their learning and leadership. From agronomy to space exploration and creative arts to outdoor adventures, 4-H has just the right learning experience for young people.
There are many ways to participate in 4-H!
County Fair/State Fair
4-H offers is the ability to showcase your talents at the County fair and State Fair (if eligible). Each year you'll have the opportunity to show the community what you've learned and your talents. You can show anything from crafts to livestock and even science! There is something for everyone to be a part of!
Faribault County 4-H Clubs (Grades K-12)
The best part of a 4-H club is the time spent with other 4-H members having fun while learning together. You may choose one 4-H Club and also be a part of the Youth Council and 4-H Ambassadors. You will learn new skills by working on projects together as a team; attend fun activities together like tours, bowling, holiday parties; or work and learn the importance of community service.
- Barber Flyers (Delavan, Easton area) - Club Leader(s): Tina Allis and Terri Schrader
- Brush Creek Livewires (Brush Creek, Bricelyn area) - Club Leader(s): Tom Legred
- Elmore Soaring Eagles (Elmore, Blue Earth area) - Club Leader(s): Ken Ripley
- Foster Fire Flies (Kiester, Bricelyn area) - Club Leader(s): Kristen Lorenz
- Lucky Clovers (Blue Earth area) - Club Leader(s) Jim Ricard and Jodie Murray
- Minnesota Lake Voyagers (Minnesota Lake area) - Club Leader(s) Rick and Gena Proehl
Youth Council/Ambassadors (Grades 6-12)
This group works on community service projects, team building, healthy lifestyle choices, building relationships, fun, and creativity.
- Learn skills in dozens of subject areas.
- Share your skills.
- Go on exciting camps, retreats and adventures.
Faribault County Extension
U of M Extension, Faribault County
435 S Grove St 1C
Blue Earth MN 56013
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Extension Educator, 4-H Youth Development:
Days and Hours will vary
Monday - Friday
10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Extension brings Minnesotans together to build a better future through University science-based knowledge, expertise and training. Learn more about Extension by visiting our about page and by browsing this website.
Find the latest on Extension agricultural research and news you can use on your farm from local experts.
Statewide news and blogs
- Agricultural Business Management News - Business and financial resources for farmers.
- Beef News - Beef industry featured events, farm safety and animal health.
- Dairy News - Dairy industry featured events, farm safety and animal health.
- Fruit and Vegetable News - Local production and marketing of fruit and vegetable crops in Minnesota.
- Minnesota Crop News - Emerging issues affecting Minnesota row crops and forages.
Education website for those who apply pesticides to their own land or to sites for the production of agricultural commodities.
Private Pesticide Applicator study manuals (19th Edition; $10) and mail-in exams are available at the Faribault County Extension Office.
Find the latest gardening tips and news you can use in your own back yard from local experts.
- Yard and Garden News - Gardening tips and emerging issues affecting Minnesota.
- My Minnesota Woods - Find out how to take care of your trees and enjoy Minnesota's beautiful woodlands.
- Natural Resources News - From preserving our wetlands to combating invasive species, read about protecting and enjoying nature.
Health and nutrition
Extension offers a variety of educational programs about nutrition and health in Fairbault county. These programs are open to families and individuals of all ages who are eligible for benefits through the federal Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or who meet Extension’s program income guidelines.
Programs are offered in community settings such as food shelves, schools, community centers and public housing sites. The programs are free to all individuals and families who meet income guidelines, and may be offered in multiple languages, depending on the audience needs and availability of educators.