For food entrepreneurs
Do you make and sell baked goods, canned pickles, salsa or other foods? You may make these items at home and sell them at farmers markets. The following are resources to help keep your food safe.
Safe food sampling for farmers market vendors
Learn how to provide safe food samples and comply with the Safe Food Sampling law. Find videos, checklists and other resources.
Do you make and sell home-baked goods, home-canned pickles, salsa, jam or jelly? Be sure you sell a safe product.
- Cottage food producer food safety training
- Cottage food resources spreadsheet - also available as a PDF
- Have a cottage food question? Check our Q & A blog
- Canning and pH testing record for cottage food producers
- Follow this checklist to produce a safe and legal cottage food product
Sanitation and illness
Food Safety for Food Entrepreneurs - Iowa State University Extension StoreA series for food entrepreneurs about best practices related to food safety, food labeling, and cleaning and sanitation of food contact surfaces. Free to download.
Share this page: