Adjusting to sudden income loss
If you are having difficulty paying bills as a result of COVID-19, ask yourself these questions and use the Spending Plan worksheet to figure out your income and expenses before you make any big decisions.
- How much income can you count on each month?
- Where are areas that you can cut costs?
- What are your essential expenses? Write down the name of the companies and their contact information (you can find that on your most recent bill).
- Utilities (electricity, gas, water and garbage)
- Transportation expenses (bus fare, gasoline, car payment)
- How much money is needed to cover your essential living expenses?
- What will affect your family’s health and security the most?
- How long is your present financial situation likely to last?
Learn more and discover resources that might be available to you to help you through these difficult times.
Related topics: Family