Dollar Works 2 is a comprehensive personal financial education program. Use the easy-to-use tools to move learners from practicing "concepts" to taking action in their own lives.
This curriculum includes:
- A binder with all printed instructor materials.
- An easy-to-use CD with dozens of Action pages (handouts). All Action pages have been culturally adapted for English- and Spanish-speaking audiences.
Click on the "Buy" button to purchase this item through an online ordering process. Please note that the online ordering process only accepts credit cards. To pay with a purchase order, contact the University of Minnesota Bookstores at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click the links below to see samples of this curriculum.
Being successful with Dollar Works 2
Assessing learner skills
- Measuring money skills
- Learner feedback and evaluation
Making money decisions
- Unit 1 — Connecting culture and financial resources
- Unit 2 — Making decisions about money
Building money management skills
- Unit 3 — Making a spending plan
- Unit 4 — Managing a spending plan
- Unit 5 — Saving and investing
Managing income and bank accounts
- Unit 6 — Understanding a pay statement and taxes
- Unit 7 — Using a bank account
Understanding credit and debt
- Unit 8 — Using credit wisely
- Unit 9 — Managing debt
Targeting money issues
- Unit 10 — Managing risk with insurance
- Unit 11 — Solving consumer problems
- Unit 12 — Teaching children about money
- Selected internet financial education resources in Spanish
- Selected internet financial education resources in multiple languages
Order Dollar Works 2Buy
This curriculum was developed in 2009 by Extension family resource management educators Shirley J. Anderson-Porisch (emeritus), Rosemary K. Heins (emeritus), Cindy M. Petersen (emeritus), and Susan E. Hooper (emeritus); and Extension family social science specialist and professor Jean W. Bauer