- The biosecure entry education trailer, or BEET, is a teaching tool to demonstrate the Danish entry system for on-farm biosecurity.
- The BEET trailer is mobile and available for training purposes on-site, statewide.
You can learn how to make your farm more biosecure
BEET demonstrates how poultry farmers can improve poultry barn biosecurity.
Using the trailer, people can assess and practice their biosecurity plans for entry into poultry barns.
BEET’s primary purpose:
- The educational program supports multiple ways to carry out enhanced biosecurity plans.
- Owners and managers need to decide which practices fit their management needs.
- Employees need training to know how to properly carry out Danish entry plans.
Managers responsible for making biosecurity plans can use the trailer to practice their plans for entry into poultry barns based on Danish entry concepts. Employees expected to carry out biosecurity plans can use the trailer to practice company plans and deal with unusual situations that may come up.
The BEET trailer is mobile and available for training purposes on-site, statewide.
What is the Danish entry system?
The keys to the Danish entry system are:
A biosecure entrance to the farm.
The entrance area has separate clean and dirty areas (line of separation).
Upon entry in the “dirty” area:
People remove their outer clothing and footwear.
Wash and disinfect hands.
Move to a clean area where clean protective clothing, such as boots and coveralls, are provided (boots should be put on before coveralls).
People complete the protocol in reverse when exiting the building.
A line of separation (LOS) is a working line that divides a dirty space from a clean, bird-occupied space. Thus, a line of separation is key to no-shower biosecure entries.
- Door to enter the barn for 2-zone bio-secure entry
- Door to enter the barn for 3-zone bio-secure entry
- Disinfectant pan
- Outside farm specific clothes storage
- Outside farm specific boot storage
- Chair or bench with hand sanitizer
- Clean boot storage bin
- Log book
- Barn specific coverall storage
- Hand washing station
- Grey area shoe storage
- Barn specific boot washing station
- Optional plastic boot supply
- Trash bin
Using the biosecure entry education trailer
BEET simulates how to create a line of separation for the two types of Danish entries. Watch these videos for more information on two-zone and three-zone Danish entries.
Two-zone Danish entry
Three-zone Danish entry
Reviewed in 2018