Welcome to Pipestone County
Pipestone County partners with Extension to deliver practical education and research you can use at home, at work and in your community.
4-H Youth Development is a hands-on learning program for Minnesota youth. We offer online, small group and independent learning experiences for youth of all ages. In 4-H, youth choose the topic they find interesting and caring adults support their learning and leadership. From agronomy to space exploration and creative arts to outdoor adventures, 4-H has just the right learning experience for young people.
There are many ways to participate in 4-H!
Pipestone County 4-H offers community clubs, project clubs, 4-H adventures and more.
Pipestone County 4-H clubs
|Club||Meeting location||Club leaders|
|Jasper Jolly Jrs.||Jasper||Chrissy DeBates and Leslie Reese|
|Prairie Grangers||Holland||Judy DeRuyter and Brandie Hulstein|
|Sweet Strivers||Pipestone||Nicole and Jason Weber|
|Trosky Peppy Pebbles||Edgerton||Virginia Jensen|
|Troy Toilers||Pipestone||Dawn Sutherland and Julie Manzey|
Statewide news and blogs
- Agricultural Business Management News - Business and financial resources for farmers.
- Beef News - Beef industry featured events, farm safety and animal health.
- Dairy News - Dairy industry featured events, farm safety and animal health.
- Fruit and Vegetable News - Local production and marketing of fruit and vegetable crops in Minnesota.
- Minnesota Crop News - Emerging issues affecting Minnesota row crops and forages.
Pipestone County Master Gardeners
Please feel free to contact members for your gardening questions or contact the Pipestone County Extension Office at 507-825-1190
Mary Stoel: 507-825-5921
Rick Melcher: 507-350-9497
Leone Meyer : 507-825-3009
Dorothy Sprink: 507-828-7961
Diane Wussow: 507-820-1280
Find the latest gardening tips and news you can use in your own back yard from local experts.
- Yard and Garden News - Gardening tips and emerging issues affecting Minnesota.
- My Minnesota Woods - Find out how to take care of your trees and enjoy Minnesota's beautiful woodlands.
- Natural Resources News - From preserving our wetlands to combating invasive species, read about protecting and enjoying nature.
Health and nutrition
Extension offers a variety of educational programs about nutrition and health in Pipestone County. These programs are open to families and individuals of all ages who are eligible for benefits through the federal Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or who meet Extension’s program income guidelines.
Programs are offered in community settings such as food shelves, schools, community centers and public housing sites. The programs are free to all individuals and families who meet income guidelines, and may be offered in multiple languages, depending on the audience needs and availability of educators.
Pipestone County Extension
Extension brings Minnesotans together to build a better future through University science-based knowledge, expertise and training. Learn more about Extension by visiting our about page and by browsing this website.