What is the going rate for renting agricultural land in Minnesota? Make data-driven decisions on a fair price:
- Review historical data from across Minnesota.
- Complete worksheets to understand your own situation.
- Attend one of our workshops held every winter.
What is typically paid for land in rent and sales?
Historical land rental rates and sales in Minnesota
Statewide irrigated land rental rates declined from $210 in 2015 to $185 in 2016 and 2017.
Minnesota Land Economics
This website allows you to pull farmland sales data based on a specific time frame and area in Minnesota.
Historical farmland sale prices in southwest Minnesota
- Southwest Minnesota bare farmland sale prices
- Highest, lowest and average recorded prices
- Comparing assessor's estimated market values and actual sale prices
- Percentage of farmland price change from previous year
Lease types and templates
Types and terms of leases, rights and responsibilities.
Flexible land rental agreements: Learn about the different types of flexible land rental agreements.
- Flexible rents based on gross revenue
- Base rents plus a bonus
- Flexible rent based on yield only
- Flexible rent based on price only
- Profit sharing