Welcome to Cass County
Cass County partners with Extension to deliver practical education and research you can use at home, at work and in your community.
4-H Youth Development is a hands-on learning program for Minnesota youth. We offer online, small group and independent learning experiences for youth of all ages. In 4-H, youth choose the topic they find interesting and caring adults support their learning and leadership. From agronomy to space exploration and creative arts to outdoor adventures, 4-H has just the right learning experience for young people.
There are many ways to participate in 4-H!
Find the latest on Extension agricultural research and news you can use on your farm from local experts.
Statewide news and blogs
- Agricultural Business Management News - Business and financial resources for farmers.
- Beef News - Beef industry featured events, farm safety and animal health.
- Dairy News - Dairy industry featured events, farm safety and animal health.
- Fruit and Vegetable News - Local production and marketing of fruit and vegetable crops in Minnesota.
- Minnesota Crop News - Emerging issues affecting Minnesota row crops and forages.
Master Gardener volunteers educate the public about a variety of horticulture subjects using current research-based resources. This educational effort is designed to enhance quality of life and promote good stewardship of the environment.
Master Gardener volunteers are trained by University of Minnesota horticulture educators and complete many hours of volunteer work each year, providing a valuable in-kind contribution to Minnesota.
Health and nutrition
Cass County Extension
University of Minnesota Extension, Cass County
330 Barclay Ave W P.O. Box 709
Pine River, MN 56474
Phone: (218) 587-8280
Extension brings Minnesotans together to build a better future through University science-based knowledge, expertise and training. Learn more about Extension by visiting our about page and by browsing this website.