Find guidance on agricultural drainage systems, including planning and design strategies, background about its impact, tools and calculators, regulations and more.
Guide to drainage
Decide if drainage is right for your farm
- Evaluating a subsurface drainage project and its alternatives
- Key considerations: Planning an agricultural drainage system
- FAQs: Subsurface drainage in the Red River Valley
Plan a drainage system
- Designing a subsurface drainage system
- Pumped outlets for subsurface drainage
- Minnesota drainage guide
Tools and calculators
Potential drainage issues and management practices to mitigate them.
Nitrates in Minnesota drainage water
Nitrogen's role in crop production and practices to reduce nitrates in surface waters.
How to reduce nitrogen loads from drained Midwest cropland
Practices that reduce nitrate in the root zone, reduce nitrate delivery to the field edge, or remove nitrate from the field edge or downstream.
Drainage history: The Upper Midwest
Share this page: