Entrepreneurship is not a new concept, but it’s a piece of economic development that is often overlooked. In this episode, Don Macke and Pam Bishop describe how the Energizing Entrepreneurial Communities Framework is being used with six southern Minnesota communities involved in the Rural Entrepreneurial Ventures program.
“This [entrepreneurship] is a way to grow a new economy by helping people with dreams and ideas take those to fruition."
— Don Macke
- Christy Kallevig, Extension educator
University of Minnesota Extension, Center for Community Vitality
- Don Macke, e2 Entrepreneurial Ecosystems
- Pam Bishop, vice president of economic development, Southern Minnesota Initiative Foundation
- Use the Community Vitality page as your go-to resource for help in your community work.
- Read more on the Energizing Entrepreneurial Communities Framework and find important resources to help your community.
- Learn about the program and communities involved in the Rural Entrepreneurial Ventures (REV), an effort supported and led by the Southern Minnesota Initiative Foundation.
- Explore these resources recommended by Don Macke for entrepreneurs:
Never miss a Vital Connections On Air episode. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts or via RSS to get new episodes as they become available.
Read our Vital Connections newsletter for community-focused articles and podcast information. Email Joyce Hoelting to sign up.
Check out our podcast page for more episodes.