Seed quality reports
- 2020 U.S. food soybean quality report (Corrected May 2021)
- 2020 U.S. soybean quality report (Corrected May 2021)
- 2019 U.S. commodity soybean quality report
- 2019 U.S. food soybean quality report
- Resources from the U.S. Soybean Export Council
Producing high quality soybeans
Farmers in Minnesota and the Dakotas raise some of the highest quality soybeans in the world. Since the majority of soybeans grown in this region are bound for markets around the world, delivering a quality product with limited foreign material is essential.
Managing foreign matter and keeping soybeans clean is a multi-pronged approach:
- Weed management - use approved herbicides judiciously and other weed management tactics to keep fields clean from planting through harvest.
- Harvest - use proper combine settings to keep foreign material out of the hopper and harvest at the proper moisture content to reduces splitting and cracking.
- Storage - monitor grain bins and aerate to keep soybeans in condition.
Preemergence weed control
Postemergence weed control
Banner photo credit: Dan Lemke, 2020.