All in-person Extension meetings, events and classes are canceled through Friday, May 15.
Soybean harvest and storage
Find strategies for harvesting soybean in Minnesota to maximize crop quality and minimize storage losses.
Drying and storage
By using fans, you can preserve a crop’s quality after harvest.
How to select the right fans for drying, cooling or storing grains, plus guidance on:
- Airflow requirements.
- Fan performance.
- Calculating the airflow of existing fans.
By moving air through stored grain – called aeration – growers can prevent storage losses.
View strategies for aerating stored grain, including:
- Required fans and equipment.
- Proper temperature levels.
- Fan operation guidelines.
- An aeration schedule to manage seasonal changes in Minnesota.