Soybean harvest and storage
Find strategies for harvesting soybean in Minnesota to maximize crop quality and minimize storage losses.
Drying and storage
By using fans, you can preserve a crop’s quality after harvest.
How to select the right fans for drying, cooling or storing grains, plus guidance on:
- Airflow requirements.
- Fan performance.
- Calculating the airflow of existing fans.
By moving air through stored grain – called aeration – growers can prevent storage losses.
View strategies for aerating stored grain, including:
- Required fans and equipment.
- Proper temperature levels.
- Fan operation guidelines.
- An aeration schedule to manage seasonal changes in Minnesota.