Eat Healthy, Be Active is an educational program designed to guide adults in eating healthier foods and increasing physical activity. The program aims to help adults make informed food choices, consume fewer calories, and increase physical activity in order to reduce their risk of chronic disease, attain and maintain a healthy weight, and achieve overall good health.
Participants in this program will learn how to:
- Enjoy healthy food that tastes great.
- Prepare quick, healthy meals and snacks at home and make healthy selections when eating out.
- Eat healthy foods on a budget.
- Lose weight and keep it off.
- Make healthy eating part of their lifestyle.
- Incorporate regular physical activity into their life.
Space and time requirements
The Eat Healthy, Be Active program consists of six, 1-hour workshops. Sessions can be adapted to meet the learning needs of participants, and within reason fit the space and time needs of the partnering agency.
Eat Healthy, Be Active is based on the United States Department of Agriculture’s Dietary Guidelines for Americans and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Service’s Physical Activity Guidelines. The workshops are available in both English and Spanish.
To find out more about this program or explore the possibilities of this program being offered at your agency, contact the SNAP-Ed Team.