All in-person Extension meetings, events and classes are canceled through Friday, May 15.
Small grains harvest and storage
Maximize crop quality and minimize losses with these strategies for harvesting, storing and drying small grains in Minnesota.
Drying and storage
- Understanding aeration.
- How temperature and moisture affects storability.
- Airflow and equipment.
- Managing aeration.
- Grain moisture.
- Grain protectants.
- Using aeration.
- Warming grain in spring.
- How to pick the best fans for crop drying, cooling or storage.
- Crop-specific airflow recommendations and expected static pressure.
- How to determine airflow delivered by existing fans.
Selecting fans for grain bins (web-based app for selecting grain bin fans by crop, bin size and desired airflow).
- Steps to take if your grain bin floods.
- Salvaging grain.
- Assessing bin damage.