Community leadership programs
How we work with program sponsors
Our program sponsors make a difference in their communities. They invite Extension to bring leadership education to their communities. They recruit participants from their communities. They manage the program so that Extension educators can focus on delivering education. They give us important input so that we can design and deliver programs that make a difference.
Read about programs and sponsors below. To bring a leadership program to your community, contact an educator.
Programs and sponsors
- Bridging Brown County, Brown County Residents and Workers
- Connecting Nicollet County, Nicollet County Residents and Workers
- Emerging Leadership Program (ELP), Northwest and Central Minnesota
- Growing Leadership in Local Government, Resource Training & Solutions
- Healthy Northland
- Leading Sibley Together, Sibley County Residents and Workers
- LINC Redwood County, Redwood County Residents and Workers
- McLeod for Tomorrow, McLeod County Residents and Workers
- Minnesota Agriculture and Rural Leadership, Agriculture and Rural Leaders across Minnesota
- Minnesota Association of Soil and Water Conservation Districts, MASWCD leaders across Minnesota
- Willmar Vision 2040, Willmar Residents and Workers
- U-Lead Advisory Academy (ULAA), Extension staff
- Minnesota Board of Water and Soil Resources (BWSR)
- Lake of the Woods
- Leech Lake
- Missouri River
- Thief River
- Cook County Health and Community Leadership
- Heron Lake Civic Engagement Program
- Otter Tail River Civic Engagement Program
- Southwest Health and Human Services Leadership Program
Start a program in your community
Is your community ready to grow local leadership? Learn about our educational offerings.
Consult with us
Community economics • Leadership and civic engagement • Tourism
Extension educators work in communities with partners throughout Minnesota. Contact us for consultation, guidance and conversation about your community.