Plants that are native to Minnesota are often easier to grow than non-native varieties. They are already adapted to our soil and climate and need minimal care to grow and thrive.
Here are a few resources to get you started on selecting and growing native plants in your yard or garden.
- Benefits of Native Grasses
- Native Plants for Sustainable Landscapes: Establishment and Management of Lakeshores and Gardens
- Plants for pollinators
- Common questions about wildflowers and native plants
- The Best Plants for 30 Tough Sites
- Recommended trees for Minnesota