Classroom Energizers Teacher Workshop
Energizers are classroom-based activities that integrate physical activity with academic concepts, proven to increase student physical activity levels. The Classroom Energizers Teacher Workshop is for classroom teachers, paraprofessionals, administrators, and other school staff. Participants practice using energizers in their own schools and learn why doing so benefits students.
After taking this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify the health impacts of physical activity.
- Perform physical activities suitable for the classroom.
- Understand the academic impacts of physical activity.
- Know the difference between physical education and physical activity.
- Understand the importance of physical education.
Space and time requirements
A single 2-hour session will equip elementary and/or secondary classroom teachers and staff to lead a wide variety of short physical activity breaks. The workshop can be adapted to meet the learning needs of participants, and to fit the space and time needs of the partnering agency.
Books can be downloaded directly onto teachers’ tablets or they can be printed and bound for distribution to classroom teachers: Energizers for School.
To find out more about this program or explore the possibilities of this program being offered at your agency, contact the SNAP-Ed team.