Mid-May rains have resulted in further planting delays across parts of Minnesota. Find recommendations on when to change hybrid and variety relative maturities, prevent plant options, and more.
- Prevent plant: Considerations for corn and soybean - Learn more about crop insurance, prevent plant rules, financial resources, and implications of planting late or switching crops.
- Crop insurance: Important dates, resources and tax impacts - Learn more about RMA's prevented plant provisions including final planting dates, eligibility, and notice requirements.
- Delayed planting and replanting evaluator — This spreadsheet examines the impacts on income of planting corn late, switching to soybeans or making prevented planting decisions.
Corn and soybean
- Considerations for late-planted corn
- Yield penalty for late-planted corn.
- When to switch corn hybrid maturities.
- Latest recommended planting dates.
- Seeding rate adjustments.
- Planting depth changes.
- Delayed soybean planting
- Consider soil temperature and conditions.
- Seeding rates by maturity group.
- Yield penalty for late planting.
- When to adjust variety maturities.
- Dealing with planting delays — What to consider when planting is delayed.
- Does it make sense to switch to earlier maturing wheat varieties? — How late planting affects recommended variety maturity decisions.
- Of seeding dates, rates and even more delays — How faster crop development affects recommended seeding rates.
- Late planting spring small grains
- How temperature affects crop development.
- Optimum and last recommended planting dates.
Reviewed in 2022