Intergenerational Land Transfer Workshop
How do you pass your woodlands and your dreams to the next generation? Successful land transfers involve communication, knowledge of options, planning and attention to detail. The Intergenerational Land Transfer Workshop will help families get started.
About the workshop
The Intergenerational Land Transfer Workshop is divided into two parts. Part 1 focuses on your long-term vision. It provides hands-on information about how to start the conversation with your family. Part 2 focuses on the legal and financial mechanisms that will help you and your family make your vision a reality.
The workshop is co-taught by:
- University of Minnesota Extension educators in Family Resource Management and Forestry.
- An attorney who has helped woodland owners start the process of land transfer.
Through this workshop and the related materials they will receive as part of this training, participants will learn:
- The consequences of being unprepared.
- The three elements of successful property transfer – family, property management, and legal property transfer.
- How to use the Heirloom Scale and family meetings to sort out family’s views regarding the land.
- How to keep the conversation going with your family and make final preparations.
For more information about this workshop, contact us.