You need to manage money throughout your life. Good money managers have less stress in their lives and more choices. Improve your skills and become an informed consumer.
What can you do?
In the 4-H consumer education and money management project, you can:
- Learn the difference between wants and needs.
- Identify, set and evaluate goals.
- Track expenses and income.
These are just some of the many ways you can participate in this project.
Get started with 4-H'ers in your area
- Contact your local 4-H office for more info.
Get started on your own
- Begin your project learning with the consumer education and money management project resource guide.
- Reflect on your project and what you've learned using 4-H record keeping.
Interested in getting involved as a consumer education and money management project volunteer?
Resources for supporting youth in consumer education and money management
Money as you grow (online activities for pre-teens)
What does it mean to show at the fair?
For 4-H'ers, local and state showcase events (like the Minnesota State Fair) are not just fun events. They provide youth opportunities to exhibit the knowledge and skills they've gained throughout the year– and to continue their learning.
Contact your local 4-H office for consumer education and money management project showcase opportunities near you.
Exhibit ideas and judging criteria
Get exhibit ideas and find out what the judge is looking for in the evaluation sheet.
Reviewed in 2023