National 4-H Conference
Once a year, 4-H'ers from across the U.S. meet at the National 4-H Conference just outside Washington, D.C. to discuss issues that face youth and communities. They:
- Research societal issues affecting youth and communities
- Work with a team to design and deliver a presentation for a federal agency or department
- Visit with Minnesota’s members of U.S. Congress
- Tour landmarks, monuments, and museums in Washington, DC
- Create and implement a community action project on an issue they care about
- Meet youth from across Minnesota, the U.S., its territories and Canada
Important dates and information
- Application deadline: November 16, 2018
- Cost: $1000
- Dates: April 5-11, 2019
- Age group: High school sophomores, juniors, or seniors who meet the required age limits
Who may apply
- Be at least 15 years old by January 1, 2019, and no older than 19 years old by June 1, 2019
- Be at least a high school sophomore
- Be enrolled and active in Minnesota 4-H for at least one year by January 1, 2019
- Not have represented Minnesota 4-H at the National 4-H Conference before
Learn more about the conference at the National 4-H Conference website.
Minnesota application process
Prepare your application
Apply online at https://z.umn.edu/n4hc-application by November 16, 2018, at 11:59 p.m.
Submit two references using this reference form: https://z.umn.edu/n4hc-reference by November 16, 2018, at 11:59 p.m.
Semi-finalists will be selected by November 26, and will be invited to interview on December 7.