National 4-H Conference
Once a year, 4-H'ers from across the U.S. meet at the National 4-H Conference just outside Washington, D.C. to discuss issues that face youth and communities. They:
- Research societal issues affecting youth and communities
- Work with a team to design and deliver a presentation for a federal agency or department
- Visit with Minnesota’s members of U.S. Congress
- Tour landmarks, monuments, and museums in Washington, DC
- Create and implement a community action project on an issue they care about
- Meet youth from across Minnesota, the U.S., its territories and Canada
How to sign up
Important dates and information
- Application deadline: November 15, 2019
- Cost: $1200
- Dates: March 28-April 2, 2020
- Age group: High school sophomores, juniors or seniors who meet the required age limits
Who may apply
- Be at least 15 years old by Jan. 1, 2020 and no older than 19 years old by June 1, 2020
- Be at least a high school sophomore
- Be enrolled and active in Minnesota 4-H for at least one year by Jan. 1, 2020
- Not have represented Minnesota 4-H at the National 4-H Conference before
Learn more about the conference at the National 4-H Conference website.
Minnesota application process
To apply, complete the following by Nov. 15, 2019, at 11:59 p.m.
Review the application packet and prepare your answers.
Identify two adults to complete this reference form.
Semi-finalists will be selected by Nov. 25 and will be invited to interview on Dec.6. Finalists will be announced Dec. 17.
Diane Lambrecht - firstname.lastname@example.org
Jacquie Lonning - email@example.com