The National 4‑H Conference is the pinnacle experience in 4‑H civic engagement, providing the opportunity for young people to connect, learn, engage, lead and impact their communities, nation and world. At the conference, delegates have the opportunity to participate in roundtable discussions and presentations to federal partner agencies and engage with their U.S. senators and representatives.
Minnesota 4-H selects four to eight youth members to attend this conference each spring. The Minnesota delegation engages in pre-departure Zoom webinars with other Minnesota delegates, then travels together to the conference in Crystal City, Va./Washington, D.C., where they engage with over 250 youth leaders from across the U.S., U.S. territories and Canadian provinces. Upon return, delegates will implement their action plan to make a positive impact on an issue of interest.
Find more information on the National 4-H Conference website.
The 2023 National 4-H Conference will be held April 14-19, 2023.
Pre-departure meetings will begin in January 2023 for selected delegates. See below for application information.
How to sign up
April 14-19, 2023 (not including travel dates)
Hyatt Regency Crystal City, Arlington, Va.
Virtual pre-departure meetings begin in January 2023
- The full cost of this experience is estimated at $2,400, however, selected delegates receive partial sponsorship and are expected to contribute $1,400.
- Don’t let cost be seen as a barrier to application– additional support might be available.
The applicant information packet includes event information, participant expectations and a link to the application.
Review the applicant information packet and apply online by Nov. 21, at 8 a.m.
Watch the National 4-H Conference informational webinar recording. This webinar was held on Nov. 3.
- Must be a current and active Minnesota 4-H member, currently in grades 10-12. 13th grade members can apply, but must demonstrate how their participation will positively impact their local program.
- Must be at least 15 and no older than 19 as of Jan. 1, 2023.
- Must be willing to make the time and fully commit to participating in all components of the experience.
- Interest and willingness to interact positively with youth and adults from diverse backgrounds, beliefs and identities.
- Demonstrated ability to promote and maintain a positive representation of Minnesota 4-H.
- Must not have attended the National 4-H Conference as a delegate before.
- Diverse 4-H youth development learning experiences at the local, state and/or national levels.
- Experience in local, regional, state and/or national development leadership experiences.
- Ability to positively communicate a message to different audiences.
- Demonstrated community involvement in and/or outside of the 4-H program.
- Demonstration of problem-solving and/or decision-making skills.