Youth Exploring Leadership and Learning Opportunities (YELLO) is a 4-H leadership conference that prepares youth to learn and lead in their communities. YELLO is planned and facilitated by youth leaders - the Minnesota 4-H State Ambassadors.
Our 2021 conference will include an engaging and interactive online experience and an optional in-person extension experience hosted at several locations throughout Minnesota. Youth will:
- Build and learn skills to reach goals and plan for the future.
- Explore careers, college and other topics of interest through interactive workshops.
- Develop positive connections to other youth and adults through small and large groups, workshops and other interactive sessions.
- Take health breaks to recharge and process learning.
Youth in grades 7-13 are welcome to attend. Register by May 21 and receive a special gift from the State Ambassadors. Registration closes at 11:59pm on May 28.
In a typical year, YELLO includes messages from nationally-recognized speakers, educational workshops, group networking experiences, field trips and opportunities to contribute to the local community through service. Though the 2021 experience will occur primarily online, many of these elements will be included.
Each year, 4-H State Ambassadors select the educational content and service project for the event.
- Educational focus: exploring your personal identity and values and gaining skills to communicate across differences.
- Service focus: helping communities to thrive. Youth will learn about food insecurity and what they can do to take action in their home communities.
On June 17, YELLO will have in-person events at the following locations:
- Bemidji State University
- Southwest Minnesota State University-Marshall
- Camp Koronis-Paynesville
Our $30 registration fee includes access to all of our online programming, along with a personalized conference kit with an event t-shirt, session handouts, activity supplies and a few fun surprises. Youth registered by May 21 will receive a special gift selected by the 4-H State Ambassadors.
Our optional in-person experiences will be available to youth for an additional $25. Registration for this extended learning option will open in mid-May and is only open to youth who are registered for our virtual conference. In-person experiences will follow COVID-19 safety protocols established by the Minnesota Department of Health and the University of Minnesota.