Episode 17: Key workforce issues
In spring 2018, the University of Minnesota's Extension Center for Community Vitality hosted a workforce symposium. The event brought together researchers and practitioners from both Extension and the University. We encouraged participants to explore the topic of workforce and how to collaborate to better learn about and serve Minnesotans.
In this episode, you will hear from a variety of speakers. They each share their insight on specific issues impacting Minnesota’s workforce.
“There are a lot of innovative things happening in Minnesota. Communities are working towards community-based solutions.”
- Elizabeth Davis
- Christy Kallevig, Extension educator
University of Minnesota Extension, Center for Community Vitality
Dr. Elizabeth (Liz) Davis, professor, Department of Applied Economics
Dr. Yingling Fan, associate professor, Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs
Dr. Jennifer Schultz, co-director, health care management program and professor of economics, Labovitz School of Business and Economics
Dr. Ann Ziebarth, professor, Housing Studies
- Episode 16: Workforce wrap up - it’s the people
- Episode 13: the importance of immigrants to Minnesota's businesses
- Episode 12: Minnesota's changing workforce
- Use the Community Vitality page as your go-to resource for help in your community work.
- Find out more about the University of Minnesota Workforce Research Symposium
Never miss a Vital Connections On Air episode. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts or via RSS to get new episodes as they become available.
Read our Vital Connections newsletter for community-focused articles and podcast information. Email Joyce Hoelting to sign up.
Check out our podcast page for more episodes.