Episode 16: Workforce wrap up - it’s the people
Collaborating for a vibrant Minnesota economy
The University of Minnesota Extension’s Center for Community Vitality hosted a workforce symposium in spring 2018. We brought together researchers and practitioners from across Extension and the University. Attendees explored the topic of workforce and ways to collaborate to learn more about and assist Minnesotans.
In this episode, you will hear from a variety of speakers. They share insight from people affected by workforce issues and how to better prepare and help them.
“While Minnesota’s economy has recovered well, we have a lot of work to meet the workforce challenges of the future ”
— Ken Bartlett
- Christy Kallevig, Extension educator
University of Minnesota Extension, Center for Community Vitality
- Mats Heimdahl, professor and head, Computer Science and Engineering
- Aaron Sojourner, labor economist, Carlson School of Management
- Geoffrey Maruyama, professor and chair, Department of Educational Psychology
- Ryan Allen, associate professor, Humphrey School of Public Affairs
- Kelly Nye Lengerman, research associate, Institute on Community Integration
- Ken Bartlett, professor, Human Resource Development Program, Department of Organizational Leadership, Policy and Development, College of Education and Human Development
- Episode 12: Minnesota's changing workforce
- Episode 13: the importance of immigrants to Minnesota's businesses
- Use the Community Vitality page as your go-to resource for help in your community work.
- Find out more about the University of Minnesota Workforce Research Symposium
Never miss a Vital Connections On Air episode. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts or via RSS to get new episodes as they become available.
Read our Vital Connections newsletter for community-focused articles and podcast information. Email Joyce Hoelting to sign up.
Check out our podcast page for more episodes.