Extension Logo
Extension Logo
University of Minnesota Extension

Commercial and noncommercial pesticide applicators

PSEE provides recertification and pre-certification and professional development workshops for commercial and noncommercial pesticide applicators. If you need licensing information please visit the MDA website.

Commercial pesticide applicator licenses are for anyone who applies any pesticide for hire. For hire means you charge or invoice for the service.

Noncommercial licenses are for all pesticide applicators that apply Restricted Use Pesticides (RUPs) as part of their job on property owned or controlled by their employer, or for two or more governmental units sharing resources through a joint powers agreement. Any pesticide application to a golf course (RUP or general use) must be performed by a licensed applicator.

The Register buttons go to the registration page. The registration page will provide more information about each workshop including fees, deadlines, options, and refund and cancelation policies.

If you need technical assistance, including resetting passwords or finding your username or other login information, contact the Helpdesk at help@umn.edu or 612-301-4357.

Recertification workshops


Pre-certification for new applicators


Sign up for PSEE email updates

E-communications from the Pesticide Safety and Environmental Education program may include workshop updates, newsletter, applicator licensing information, registration deadlines, or other pesticide safety news and event information.

Sign up now
Page survey

© 2023 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved. The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.