E-communications from the Pesticide Safety and Environmental Education program may include workshop updates, newsletter, applicator licensing information, registration deadlines, or other pesticide safety news and event information.
PSEE provides recertification and pre-certification and professional development workshops for commercial and noncommercial pesticide applicators. If you need licensing information please visit the MDA website.
Commercial pesticide applicator licenses are for anyone who applies any pesticide for hire. For hire means you charge or invoice for the service.
Noncommercial licenses are for all pesticide applicators that apply Restricted Use Pesticides (RUPs) as part of their job on property owned or controlled by their employer, or for two or more governmental units sharing resources through a joint powers agreement. Any pesticide application to a golf course (RUP or general use) must be performed by a licensed applicator.
The Register buttons go to the registration page. The registration page will provide more information about each workshop including fees, deadlines, options, and refund and cancelation policies.
If you need technical assistance, including resetting passwords or finding your username or other login information, contact the Helpdesk at email@example.com or 612-301-4357.
You must have a camera, microphone and speakers on your device to participate in these workshops. You must be logged in at the designated time and be on camera for the duration of the meeting to receive credit.
Online registration is required. Follow the next 2 steps in order:
- Register and pay the fee with the "Register" button above.
- Then select the session you registered for from the list below and click on the appropriate link to sign up to receive access to Zoom. Each link is unique to the date you register for, so please choose the right one or you will not be able to get into your meeting. There are no refunds for user error.
- All workshops have limited capacity. Workshops are open until full or the registration close date, whichever comes first.
- You must bring your applicator license to show on camera during the check-in and check-out processes.
- The agenda has built-in break times. You must be present and active in the meeting unless it is a break time and stay until dismissal time to receive credit.
- Participation and engagement are required by all attendees and your camera must remain on throughout the meeting.
- No refunds, cancellations, transfers or credits are available after the registration close date.
- Technology assistance is limited. Please test your equipment before the workshop to make sure everything is working properly. We will not issue refunds, credits or transfers due to a participant's technical issues.
Pre-certification for new applicators
The pre-certification online course will help prepare you to take the Category A National Core exam in Minnesota. The course reviews material in the National Pesticide Applicator Certification Core Manual and the Minnesota Supplement. It includes the safety requirements and knowledge needed to become licensed in Minnesota as a commercial or non-commercial applicator.
This online course only covers material for the Category A1 and A2 study manuals. Applicators must study on their own for additional categories.
After completing the course, you must complete the online application process and pay for the exams through the Minnesota Department of Agriculture.
Study manuals are sold separately and can be purchased through the UMN Bookstore.
- 2023 pre-certification for category A1 and A2 is open for registration through December 1, 2023.
- 2023 pre-certification for category E (Ornamental and Turf) registration opens May 1, 2023. The course opens June 19, 2023.