Systems Approaches for Healthy Communities
Systems Approaches for Healthy Communities is a web-based, professional development program. It promotes the integration of policy, systems, and environmental (PSE) interventions with educational strategies. This program:
- Is intended for organizations whose work focuses on health promotion.
- Helps staff teams understand and act on factors that influence individuals' healthy choices.
- Was tested and reviewed. It was:
- Piloted in Minnesota in 2015.
- Peer reviewed in 2016.
- Piloted with Michigan State University Extension and Iowa Department of Public Health in 2017.
By participating in this program, you and your organization will learn:
- Basic terminology.
- Examples of systems-thinking including the Social-Ecological Model, Spectrum of Prevention, and PSE concepts.
- Skills to expand your program across many levels to impact policies, systems, and environments.
- Strategies and tools for strengthening engagement, communicating with partners, and understanding community context.
For more details on the program content, including learning objectives, download the Systems Approaches for Healthy Communities program summary (PDF).
The program supports up to 200 individual participants per registered organization.
Do you have a smaller or larger team? Contact us to discuss how we can customize this program to your budget and needs.
One person from your organization will purchase the Systems Approaches for Healthy Communities program for their organization. Once your organization has purchased the program, up to 200 participants can register for access to the online course site. When you are ready to have participants register, you will direct them to Participant Registration.
The program is purchased through the University of Minnesota online registration system. Follow the instructions in the registration system to register your organization using a credit card. Our preferred way to accept payment is by credit card. If your organization must pay by check, you will need to start the purchase process by completing the Direct Billing Contact Form.
For important step by step instructions as you register your organization, download the Step by Step Instructions (PDF) for purchasing the program.
If your organization has purchased the program, you can register here through the University of Minnesota online registration system by completing the Participant Registration. This will give you access to the course site where you can complete the program Pre-Survey, view the online modules, and access other program resources.
For important step by step instructions as you register, download the Participant Registration Step by Step Instructions (PDF).