- Contracts can help protect you and your business.
- Be sure you and your business have proper insurance coverage.
Who the statute protects.
What activities the statute covers and doesn’t cover.
The applicable liability protection exceptions.
The warning sign posting required under the statute before the liability protections apply.
- Use written contracts for any horse-related agreement.
- Make sure written agreements are specific and address each applicable risk.
- Work with an attorney.
Equine liability act webinar recording
- Minnesota has its own state transportation laws that can vary from federal regulations.
- It’s important for you to understand how these laws affect you when trailering your horse around Minnesota.
- Horse owners must meet certain legal minimum requirements for equine welfare.
- Most cost reducing opportunities fall in the area of preventative medicine, education and being a responsible horse owner.
- There are also times when it is not appropriate to cut costs, such as for emergency care.
- Information about the college programs offered in Minnesota in horse science.
- These programs give students the tools they need to succeed in the horse industry.