Business retention and expansion: online course
Wednesday, January 30 - Wednesday, April 3
Take an eight-week course on business retention and expansion (BRE) taught by industry professionals. You will learn how to conduct high-quality programs in your community or region.
- The course takes two-to-three hours per week during an eight-week period. It's an asynchronous course, so you can participate when it is most convenient for you. While the format of the class allows for a flexible schedule, you do need to stay involved on a weekly basis.
- There are a few videos or readings, activities, and discussion forums each week.
- Highlights include a practice visit to a real business and periodic live discussions on BRE topics.
- The course "capstone" project is planning your community BRE initiative via a written paper, video, or voice recording.
The course is designed for economic and community development professionals and stakeholders, community leaders and others who want to conduct a community-led BRE effort.
Michael Darger, University of Minnesota Extension
Business retention and expansion program lead
email@example.com or 612-625-6246
Costs and discounts
The cost of the course is $500 per person.
Community-led BRE is all about teamwork, so we encourage teams to attend training together. We also offer discounts for team attendance.
- $750 - two registered community team members
- $1,000 - three-to-five registered community members
The discount is only for groups from a town or city, county, school district, or other groups of contiguous communities. It is available for either the online or in-person course.
Two sessions are scheduled for 2019:
- Winter session: January 30 - April 3
- Fall session: September 25 - November 27
Learn how to get notified when enrollment begins from the link below.