Am I giving my child too much? Am I doing too much for my child?
Are you asking yourself those questions a lot as you struggle to meet the challenges of parenting in the age of overindulgence? If so, taking the Developmental Parenting Highway Online Course can help.
Parenting is like driving a car. It is better to stay in the center of the road off the shoulders and out of the ditches of overindulgence.
Whether you’re a parent, sibling, or other caregiver to a child, this class will teach you the four positive aspects of middle-of-the-road “driving” on the developmental parenting highway. You will also learn the best strategies for preventing overindulgence as children grow and develop.
About this course
The Developmental Parenting Highway class is one of several in the Parenting in the Age of Overindulgence series. Overindulgence comes from a good heart, but it can lead to unwanted, less-than-good outcomes.
This course is for:
- Parents who are unsure what overindulgence is or families concerned they may be overindulging.
- Teachers, childcare providers, caregivers, or other family members interacting with children.
- Professionals who work with parents and families regularly.
This course is free and will take about an hour to complete. A certificate of completion is available once the course has been completed.
If you have questions about this course, please send an email to email@example.com.
In this course, you will explore these topics:
- Describe why parenting is like driving on a highway.
- Identify the four helpful lanes of the Developmental Parenting Highway
- Identify the strengths of each.
- Compare ways to get help if the parental car has slipped onto the shoulder or into a ditch.