If you were unable to attend an in-person workshop due to COVID-19, you can now recertify online.
The course fee is $10.00
MDA CAWT Program Update
Resources for CAWTs
New Manure Nutrient Rate Guidelines and Research Updates
Where to Apply Manure? Situational Awareness
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of 10/27/2020:
For 2020 Recertification:
CAWT Course Deadline: November 20th, 2020
Anyone who has not taken the course to recertify by the deadline, must take the test through MDA. Testing locations can be found here: CAWT TESTING
For 2021 Recertification:
There will be NO in-person CAWT classed in 2021, with the possible exception of a summer program. Recertification classes will begin ONLINE in March. Check back here for more information as it becomes available.
About the course
- NEW applicators: If you have not been previously certified, you must watch this video and take a quiz for your initial certification.
- Certified Applicators: For recertification, you can either watch a video and take a quiz EVERY year OR attend a recertification workshop EVERY OTHER year.
- Site Managers: You must attend a workshop EVERY OTHER year.
For online workshops, site managers and applicators must complete all activities, including reading text, watching videos, and taking quizzes as applicable to receive recertification credit.
If you have more questions, please call MDA at 651-201-6146 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Melissa Wilson, UMN Extension Specialist and Assistant Professor
- Amy Schmidt, UNL Extension Specialist and Associate Professor
- Marci Groenewold, Holden Farms, Inc.
- Chryseis Modderman, UMN Extension Educator
- George Schwint, MPCA Agricultural Engineer
- Doug Bos, County Feedlot Officer for Rock County