Commercial Animal Waste Technician (CAWT) 2021 Recertification Course is Now Online!
REGISTER HERE: 2021 CAWT Recertification Course
2021 Recertification for CAWT Site Managers and Applicators:
The CAWT recertification course will be entirely online in 2021 (with the possible exception of one in person course in August). This course will close November 20th, 2021.
To receive recertification course credit, site managers and applicators must register, pay the $10 fee, complete all activities, including reading text, watching videos, and taking quizzes as applicable. You WILL be asked to submit a photo-selfie and your license number in order to verify your participation.
2021 Course topics include:
- CAWT Program and Regulatory Updates
- Environmental Issues (Groundwater Protection Rules and Best Management Practices)
- Equipment and Technology (Precision Farming Opportunities for Manure Application)
- Crop and Soil Science (Soil Compaction and How to Minimize it)
- Safety (Stress and Tough Conversations)
About the course
- Brian Clark, MN Department of Agriculture
- George Schwint, MN Pollution Control Agency
- Larry Gunderson, MN Department of Agriculture
- Kevin Erb, University of Wisconsin Extension
- Bergen Nelson, John Deere
- Dr. Laila Puntel, University of Nebraska – Lincoln
- Jodi Dejong-Hughes, University of Minnesota Extension
- Emily Krekelberg, University of Minnesota Extension
CAWT LICENSE INFORMATION License requirements from the Minnesota Department of Agriculture
LICENSE LOOKUP To look up your CAWT license number or expiration date
- NEW Applicators: If you have not been previously certified and licensed,, you must watch videos and take a quiz from the MN Department of Agriculture. Click here for initial certification instructions.
- Certified Applicators: To be eligible to renew your license, you must meet recertification requirements. You can either rewatch the videos and retake a quiz EVERY year OR attend a recertification course EVERY OTHER year.
- NEW Site Managers: If you have not been previously certified and licensed, you must first pass the certification exam (80% or better) for an initial license. Click here for initial certification instructions
- Certified Site Managers: To be eligible to renew your license you must meet recertification requirements by attending a course once EVERY OTHER year or re-test.