Would you like to receive Commercial Animal Waste Technician (CAWT) news? Information may include applicator and site manager recertification training information including workshop dates, locations and times, online course information, deadline information, and other timely topics. Your info will not be shared for any other purpose.
Re-certify as MDA Commercial Animal Waste Technician (CAWT) by attending one of these trainings.
2022 Commercial Animal Waste Technician (CAWT) recertification training for MDA licensure
If you need to recertify in 2022, you can still take the online course until November 27, 2022, or retest.
The next in-person training will be in 2023. If you were unable to attend an in-person workshop in 2022 and need to recertify, please register for the online training below.
Online training will be available until November 27, 2022. The full course takes approximately three hours and can be completed at your own pace. You need to complete all assignments by the deadline in order to receive your recertification credit through MDA.
When registering, be prepared to include your MDA CAWT license number to sign in to the course. Registration cost is $10 by credit card. Multiple registrations are NOT accepted. Each student must register separately.
2022 online course topics
- MDA - CAWT Program Updates
- MPCA - Manure Application Rule Reminders and New Rules in 2021 CAFO Permit
- UMN Extension - Manure Crediting and Getting the Best Bang for the Buck for Manure
- UW Extension - Trends in Manure Application Safety
- MN DOT - Update of State/Federal Commercial Vehicle Regulations
About the course
CAWT license information — License requirements from the Minnesota Department of Agriculture.
License lookup — Look up your CAWT license number or expiration date.
- NEW Applicators: If you have not been previously certified and licensed, you must watch the videos and take a quiz from the MN Department of Agriculture. Click here for initial certification instructions.
- Certified Applicators: To be eligible to renew your license, you must meet recertification requirements. You can either rewatch the videos and retake a quiz EVERY year OR attend a recertification course EVERY OTHER year.
- NEW Site Managers: If you have not been previously certified and licensed, you must first pass the certification exam (80% or better) for an initial license. Click here for initial certification instructions
- Certified Site Managers: To be eligible to renew your license you must meet recertification requirements by attending a course once EVERY OTHER year or re-test.