The meat and dairy salesroom at the Andrew Boss Meat Science Lab on the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities Campus is closed until further notice. Visit their website for more information on public hours and research at the lab.
- Buying animals for meat processing — Charts of cuts of meat for beef, pork, lamb, goat and chicken.
- Handling meat safely — Learn how to safely store and prepare meats in your home kitchen.
- Thinner cuts of beef are economical and tasty — Find out about economical cuts of meat you may not have tried.
- Understanding a meat label — Rules for labeling meat to keep consumers safe and let them know what they're getting.
Raising animals for meat
- Beef post-harvest — Best practices, new research and trends for producers, butchers and meat wholesalers, retailers and consumers.
- Halal friendly Minnesota —Developing halal meat supply chains involves local communities working together to transform the food system.
- Halal and kosher meat market assessment — Halal and kosher are faith practices related to foods that are permissible to eat. Both present market opportunities for Minnesota farmers and businesses.
Raising birds for meat
- Home processing poultry — Top quality poultry carcasses come from healthy, well-finished and well-fleshed birds.
- Raising chickens for meat — You can raise chickens for meat on a small scale, even in your backyard.
- Raising game birds — You can raise game birds for show, meat production or for release.