Responsive Practices to Support SEL
We can design programs to support social and emotional learning (SEL), but we can also be more intentional about how we respond in the moment to SEL skill-building opportunities.
This interactive workshop helps participants
Practice strategies to respond to unplanned opportunities,
Integrate cultural responsiveness.
Support SEL through everyday conversations and unexpected challenges.
Who should attend
Direct service providers and program leaders, managers and coordinators who have previously attended SEL in Practice or have a solid understanding of SEL basics.
Participants can expect to
- Explore your cultural values and preferences in relation to SEL skills.
- Engage in role-play scenarios to practice responsive skills.
- Talk about SEL-related dilemmas with colleagues and reflect on what you've learned.
- Understand the relationship between identity, culture and SEL success
- Get ideas about how your own cultural values and preferences shape the way to support SEL with youth
- Learn strategies to recognize and respond to unplanned SEL skill building opportunities
Available via contract using the following fee structure:
- $750 for a half-day workshop (4 hours or less)
- $1500 for a full-day workshop (5 hours or more)
Contact Kate Walker, email@example.com or 612-624-1999.
"Really refreshing to hear about how to be responsive to situations that happen rather than living in an imaginary world where everything goes exactly as planned!"
"The whole workshop was very engaging."