Social and emotional learning (SEL) includes learning to be aware of and manage emotions, work well with others and persevere when faced with challenges. Youth programs can support social and emotional learning and wellbeing through equipping staff, paying attention to learning environments, designing impactful learning experiences and using data to improve practices.
This self-guided course introduces a flexible set of tools, templates and activities from our SEL toolkit that can be used with staff and youth to increase intentional practices that support social and emotional learning and wellbeing. While the toolkit is designed primarily for those working with middle-school-aged youth, with slight modifications the activities are appropriate for other age groups.
How it works
- Go at your own pace (without a facilitator) through four modules that take about 30 minutes each. Additional time spent on application activities will vary.
- Learn on your own time. Unlimited 24-hour web access to the self-guided course.
- Videos and activities help you take concrete ideas back to your program.
- Certificate for completing the three-hour training is available at the end of the course.
- Explore ways to enhance staff knowledge of social emotional learning and wellbeing.
- Gain strategies to infuse social emotional learning and wellbeing into your program.
- Learn simple ways to collect and use SEL data for improvement.
- Take away practical resources and tools to apply right away.
The suggested fee is $25, sliding-scale pricing is available.
User name or password help: email@example.com or 612-301-4357
Content questions: Kate Walker, firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration questions: Center for Youth Development, email@example.com or 612-624-1999