Episode 21: Conversations change Campbell
"Well, that's just Campbell." A group of local champions in Campbell, Minnesota — a West Central, Minnesota town of 158 people — heard this phrase now and then, but they thought Campbell could do better. They decided to start a conversation about how their town could do better, and become a more appealing place to visit and live. Hear how they led their community through a series of conversations that led to a big change, both in community appearance and pride.
“Community members were invested because they saw that change was possible.”
— Shana Klindt
- Christy Kallevig, Extension educator
University of Minnesota Extension, Center for Community Vitality
- DeAnn Loll and Shana Klindt, Campbell community members
- Use the Community Vitality page as your go-to resource for help in your community work.
- Discover study circle guides on Everyday Democracy to help you lead a community conversation on a variety of topics.
- Find helpful tools on The Art of Hosting for holding conversations that matter.
Never miss a Vital Connections On Air episode. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts or via RSS to get new episodes as they become available.
Read our Vital Connections newsletter for community-focused articles and podcast information. Email Joyce Hoelting to sign up.
Check out our podcast page for more episodes.