Farmbytes: tips on using temporary fencing
There are different fencing options depending on your livestock. Choosing the right equipment for your needs can make using temporary fencing easy.
- The height of the fence, number of wires you need and post type will depend on the type of livestock you have and your equipment preference.
- There are various reel options that range in price.
- Remember to maintain tension when winding fence up.
- Learn to make a clove hitch knot; it’s great for corners.
- Match your voltmeter brand to that of the energizer.
- Take a look at our fencing system design Farmbyte for further ideas.
- Learn more from the Sustainable Farming Association on soil health.
Reviewed in 2019