Social emotional skills are powerful and complicated. There are no cookie cutter methods that work with every young person, but youth workers can influence how social emotional skills are caught and taught within their program.
This training builds an understanding of how to support social emotional learning (SEL). Participants explore practices that introduce SEL opportunities into existing programs. They walk away with ways to support social emotional skill growth.
Who should attend
Program leaders, managers, coordinators and direct service providers who work with youth.
- Identify how your program supports SEL.
- Participate in small group discussions designed to evaluate SEL practices in your program.
- Practice key ways to support SEL.
- Create a map to explain how your program supports SEL.
- Learn ways to include staff, families and youth in SEL conversations.
- Get ideas for infusing your learning environment and experiences with SEL.
- Get tools to begin measuring SEL growth.
Available by contract
- $750 for a half-day workshop (4 hours or less)
- $1500 for a full-day workshop (5 hours or more)
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-624-1999
"Great presentation! Very informative and useful."
"I appreciate the tangible terms and easy-to-infuse practices for my program - like the charts, worksheet, acronyms, examples we covered."
"Gained new insight in how to equip staff in practicing SEL communications."