Lead with Citizenship Washington Focus (CWF)
Every summer teens from across the country gather in the Washington, DC area to learn what it means to be a strong leader in their community, country and world. These objectives are met through pre-trip education, speakers, workshops, daily excursions to view National sites, day at the Capitol with elected officials, and a delegate designed and implemented action plan.
- Youth currently in grades 9+ can register to attend.
- Space is limited to 45 youth.
- Chaperones will be needed— look for more information in January.
- Pre-departure virtual meetings will begin in late March.
- The trip will take place June 18 or 19 through June 24. Travel dates will be finalized in January.
- Register using 4-H Online, no later than January 10.
- If the first 45 spaces are claimed, there is a waitlist option.
- Estimated at $2500-2800. The final fee will be based on how many youth register, and airfare/transportation costs.
- Local 4-H financial support may be available, contact your 4-H office for more information.
Youth, families and adults interested in chaperoning are encouraged to learn more.
Related topics: Statewide 4-H news Youth 4-H Featured news