Looking for an activity for your next meeting? Consider using a 4-H project kit or using a resource from the Anoka County 4-H office! 4-H project kits contain fun, hands-on learning activities to use with 4-H’ers at club meetings, after school sites, club camps, or other settings. Our resource list also contains other items that clubs can access from video equipment to teambuilding supplies.
Activities are based on the Experiential Learning Model, and many activities have been developed using 4-H curriculum materials. Kit activities are available in a wide range of categories: Animals, Arts, Environment, Civic Engagement, Food & Nutrition, Health & the Human Body, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math). Project kits contain most of the supplies needed for the activity and directions to facilitate the activity. You are responsible for providing any supplies not included.
View the complete listing of project kits and resources available to reserve from the Anoka County 4-H office.
How to check out a project kit or resource
- Kits are housed in the Anoka County Extension Office. You can fill out the Google Form to request a kit ahead of time, then stop in during business hours, or arrange for an after hours drop, to pick it up.
- Andover Regional project kits are located in an alternate location and need to be reserved two business days prior to pick up by filling out the Google Form or contacting 4-H Staff at 763-324-3495 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If there is a particular kit you are looking for, you can contact the office ahead of time to make sure that it is not already checked out before you stop in.
- Before taking the kit, be sure to double check contents to ensure all essential supplies are there and be sure that you are able to provide what is NOT there.
- Please do not take more than two kits at a time unless you have approved it with 4-H Staff.
Returning the kit or resource
- Return within two weeks.
- Please tidy up the box and return it to the front counter or outside our office door.
- Please be sure to inform the office if there are any missing materials in the kit (such as supplies we say we provide), handouts, or if a project kit is in poor shape.
If you have any questions about these resources, contact Anna or Sarah.
Anna Gilbertson, Extension Educator, 4-H Youth Development
email@example.com, (763) 324-3497
Sarah Devine, Extension Educator, 4-H Youth Development